Sunday, June 8, 2008

Film Update

This is to update the status of my last two films, and to announce my upcoming film project.

Pilferer has gone Ofor (has not gotten into any festivals).. I am not sure how many festivals I applied to- but it was at least in the 15-20 range. I guess I made a really bad flick.

Happy Sauce has also gone 0for, probably been rejected by about 20 festivals, with another 5 or 6 pending. On the plus side, I am waiting to blur the Maker's Mark logo's in the film and will give the rights to the film to the distribution company Ouat Media, based in Canada, to exploit the film for 4 years. I am hoping that they will have better luck. If I make even 5 dollars on the film, I think it will be a success.

Regarding the blurring of the logo- yes, the film was made for Maker's Mark, but at the end of the day, the company's legal dept. refuses to give me a release to use their logo for commercial purposes due to the children's nature of the film. That is, a mans' liking to drink Maker's Mark out of a baby's bottle. GO FIGURE.

WELCOME TO THE FILM & TELEVISION INDUSTRY- THE BIRTHPLACE OF HYPOCRASY(spell check please).

To end one of my few posts about film in the past year, I am pleased to announce the SEAN BELL FILM PROJECT, organized by none other than my good friend ED DURANTE.