Thursday, April 3, 2008

Film/TV Project

Not sure what my next project is about, but I really need to make it happen. ASAP. One of my friends from undergrad film school recently contacted me and mentioned how she liked my blog. While the comment was very nice, I think I have only done 3-4 posts in the past year - but I did feel my blog was good and helpful to me as I was finishing and conceiving HAPPY SAUCE. So, I am going to try and figure out a new film project in the blog. If someone steals it, well, then, I guess they steal it.

HAPPY SAUCE, by the way, has been rejected by many many festivals. Probably 10 or 12, with another 10 or 12 more rejections pending. There are two companies that are interested in acquiring the rights for distribution though. No cash will be transferred until the distributor makes some sales and some cash themselves, so basically, it is just another way to get the filmut there. The festival route is definitely not helping.

Now, film/tv projects. First of all, any project I do will have an Indian theme to it. Time to suck it up and really sell myself out as an Indian American film maker. At least, that is a very basic way to differentiate myself from other film makers in NYC. It could be a new start.