Saturday, March 7, 2009

Aniya's Midnight Emergency

At around 1:42am, I heard a frantic "Ro, I need you now"!

I rushed upstairs to find my daughter throwing up all over my wife.

After using a couple of towels, a quick rinse off for both Aniya and wife, and a trip to the basement to wash away the evidence, Aniya is doing much better and on her way back to sleep.

Being a parent obviously entails a lot of firsts, and tonight, it was the first time that Aniya threw up, except for when she was just months old with her occasional breast milk eruptions. I am glad that it was just vomit and not something more serious, but it was still scary and my body is still pumping from 20 minutes of extreme concern I just experienced.

We have no idea why or what triggered the vomit attack, but we hope that it is and will be a one-off my worry is slowly subsiding - hopefully it is and will be a one-off event.