Tuesday, February 27, 2007

back to filmmaking

It was nice to get back to film work after four days of fun but intense baby preparations. I am still no where near cast or crewed up and probably way behind schedule, but I know it will all work out. I reached out to more people about actors today and found an online resource with just good ole headshots in case I can't go off of some recommendations. I also put a free ad on mandy for crew positions... let's see how many resumes I get... the problem is always trying to find the good from a sea of people who you just don't know and always have much less experience than their resumes boast.

I might be fooling myself, but my plan is to have a couple of hours of auditions sometime this week, probably saturday and cast two actors out of the lot that show up. I think I only need to meet with them three times after that.. once to rehearse on Wednesday or Thursday, once on Saturday for final thoughts and then on the shoot day- even that could be overkill.

Who am I trying to fool. It's never that easy...besides I also have to finish editing Tanya's short as well as start editing for cash again next week. I must prepare myself for extreme hardship.