Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Sauce Script V1

This is the first draft in script form of HAPPY SAUCE, the 3 minute film I am making March 11th. It was interesting to see how the script changed from story to script form once I had to visualize the action. I know it will change even more.

HAPPY SAUCE
Written by
Rohan Sen

INT. BAR - DAY

Montage... close ups of tiny cubes of ice as a glass is filled... a bottle of Maker’s Mark... the long pour... high angle shot of ingredients being added to the glass...

SOUND FX: COLLISION AT DOOR.

Swish pan: A man stumbles through the door, his packages of baby formula, bottles, and clothes now strewn across the floor.

INSERT TITLE: HAPPY SAUCE

INT. BAR - DAY

FIVE BABY BOTTLES scatter across the bar counter. A man’s hand frantically stacks the bottles in a line on the counter.

GABRU (O.S.)
Please, you got to help me.. I need you to run these through the dishwasher...

The bartender reaches out and grabs a bottle.

BARTENDER
Sure, buddy, whatever. What are you drinking?

The cell phone rings before GABRU can respond. The bartender grabs the baby bottles and walks away.

GABRU
Hey.. I’m here.. oh no, I forgot those.. I’m sorry, I know I know, I will be right there... okay, I will.. yes I’m sorry..

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - CONTINUOUS

The bartender looks towards GABRU as he puts the last baby bottle in the speed washer. Gabru paces back and forth, answering phone call after phone call.

SOUND FX: The short but sharp ring from the dishwasher pierces the air.

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - MOMENTS LATER
Close up on sanitized baby bottles as the bartender stacks them in front of GABRU.

GABRU
(offscreen)
Wait, that’s only four.

Gabru’s eyes grow wide, but the bartender interrupts Gabru swiftly.

BARTENDER
It’s okay, brother. I got your bottle right here.

The bartender looks down at a baby bottle that he is drying in a towel. He looks at Gabru.

BARTENDER (CONT'D)
This one is for you.

The bartender reaches out and holds it for Gabru to take. Gabru hesitates and reaches for the bottle filled with a brownish liquid. He looks at it, sniffs the top, and squirts a few drops into his mouth. He immediately bolts upright in his seat, energized and exuberant.

GABRU
Tutti Frutti! Root, toot, toot.

Gabru stands up, glowing with joy. He picks up a newborn baby outfit and dances in a circle.

GABRU (CONT'D)
Wow.. what was that?

BARTENDER
Oh, I just like to call it my happy sauce.

GABRU
You’re happy sauce, huh?... Well here’s to it. To Happy Sauce. Happy Happy Happy Sauce...

Gabru continues to dance sucking ferociously on the baby bottle. He picks up his bags and dances out of the bar.

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - CONTINUOUS

The bartender smiles as he watches Gabru leave the bar. He thinks for a moment before bending under the bar. He emerges holding a baby bottle filled with brown liquid. He puts it in his mouth and sucks away.

FADE TO BLACK.