Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stick to your guns

I tossed around a number of ideas for this short film I am making. Most of my thoughts were garbage, but then it happened. Last weekend, my wife had a brief anxiety attack, fearing that premature labor at 30 weeks was upon us. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry, but I knew that "holy sh*t, is this really happening" feeling was the right subject matter for my film. Of course, I didn't have a chance to finish my thought and write the scipt, and the period of self-doubt began. How would you end it? This isn't interesting. Make a real film. One that people will like.

And then it happened again. This morning. My wife was getting in the shower when she said, "Babe, I'm worried.. I'm having a lot of contractions"...

We have several books on childbirth lying about the house. I finally picked one up and began scanning. Frantically.

It's still a good idea for a short film.