Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Baby Thoughts

After riding the subway with Allison and realizing how stressful the commute to work is each day, I have become over zealous in my desire to make sure that she is okay and in minimal discomfort. We were walking in Lowes this evening and had to pass by a stopped forklift type machine parked in an aisle. I of course was vocal about caution, and after we passed the unruly obstacle, Allison said that pretty soon we'll tell each other to go forward and make sure the route was safe while the other protected the baby.

There is a lot of truth to that joke, interpret it how you wish. We are both very nurturing people and are not the type to let the baby cry all night without our intervention. We are more the type to hold the baby constantly.. probably at every possible moment. But I really don't know... what I do know, after talking with many people, is that my life will change forever and the only way to describe it is to experience it. If any of it is true, my life is making a dramatic change as we speak... I am now 33... assuming that I live to be 100 years old, the first act, third, or 33 years of my life are now complete. The next phase will begin the day Aniya Karin Sen is born. She will begin the second act of my life story, a story that just begun to take shape, a story where the first and second acts begin with the act of birth.