Monday, April 9, 2007

Times are Hectic

I have been unbelievably hectic the past week, and the baby is still in Allison's belly. She is doing well, but has been having some weird sensations in her belly and cramps as well. The baby is moving down into her pelvic area and we are hoping she is getting ready for her first breaths. It is really hard to believe that in less than two weeks, we should be proud parents of a newborn baby girl. There are, of course, many things that still need to fall into place.

We are moving into a bigger place this Saturday. Our current home is a maze of boxes full of either kitchenware or baby necessities, but everything is slowly working itself out. We have already arranged for all the utilities to be transferred over and the movers and extra help in the form of the in-laws are ready and waiting. I need to take a serious look at my office and perform the moving ritual, but I feel like I haven't had a chance to breathe. I'm still working six days a week, but I am scheduled for some off time this weekend to move, which is very nice. As excited as we are for the baby, we are secretly hoping she will make her due date sometime next week, which will let us move and establish a sliver of stability before baby Aniya takes center stage.