Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aniya Update

Aniya is now 21 months old. She is small for her age- as she has grown, her Dr. visits are more seldom and the gauge for how she is has also changed. In the natural progression of raising a child, the different steps at first how long and how many pounds she was. Then there are many other little steps- rolling over, crawling, walking and finally talking. We are officially at the talking stage, and have been there for many months now.

The first word out of her mouth was "GA" for our dog Gabru. That was at least six months ago, probably longer. Today, she has a repertoire of at least 50-60 words and she is adding new words, expressions, and actions daily. My favorite word, however, is "Daddy". For me, it is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me- when my daughter sees me come home from work, her eyes light up in excitement, her mouth curls and even sometimes her arms open up in anticipation. And then she shrieks "Daaadddeeee" and comes running to give me a hug.

I really hope she never grows out of this phase.