Thursday, February 19, 2009

HAPPY SAUCE News

It's has been a good day for HAPPY SAUCE. Although it went 0 for about 20 or 25 in the film festival circuit, I received an email from IMDB stating that in an effort to support emerging film makers, IMDB will give HAPPY SAUCE it's own film title page! This is great news as my current IMDB page only lists my edit work and none of my director work is listed. You have to start somewhere, and slowly build from there. I will post the link to the film and my new IMDB page as soon as the link and page are operational.

HAPPY SAUCE will also soon be distributed! Around the middle of last year, a short film distribution company called OUAT MEDIA contacted me to include HAPPY SAUCE in their catalog. It has taken me too long to get all the required materials together, but I am now ready and plan on sending the completed contracts back to OUAT either tomorrow or the next day.
I am not getting any upfront compensation from OUAT but it's time I faced the facts. I tried valiantly but got rejected from every festival I submitted the film to. I obviously did not make an outstanding film, but I also did not make a bad film. HAPPY SAUCE should have gotten into at least one film festival. In my opinion, anything that OUAT can offer will be an added and welcome bonus.

I plan on writing a rather lengthy and angry entry about the current state of film festivals. Stay posted.