Sunday, February 22, 2009

Script Update

Script is coming along slowly but surely. The blog process did really help me out- simply by forcing me to organize the story linearly when I wanted to explain to people the idea. As it turns out, I was not so far off the mark- most of the scenes were in the correct order. The problem, it turns out, was that I was jotting down/ noting/ writing scenes as they came into my head, irrelevant of order. I knew that these moments were good and deserved to be considered for the film, but by doing so, the sheer number of ideas and notes somewhat overwhelmed me and I felt a little lost as to where the beginning, middle, and end was.

My job from here is to start from the beginning and make another pass at the whole script and refine scenes that have already been written and then add new ones to help the story make sense.
It will be the third or fourth pass in what will probably wind up being a 20-25 pass script, maybe even more.