Friday, February 20, 2009

Spec Commercial Idea

I've talked a lot about spec commericals and after 6 or 7 years, I still don't have a single one. Time for things to change- the dream is still alive and there is no better time than to start now. I have the next two weeks off from work and am hoping to shoot and edit at least two different spec commercials. The good news is that both commercials revolve around my little Aniya. In fact, I should probably make 5-6 spec commercials for kids products-

The idea for the first commercial is simple- a little girl plays quietly with some toys on the ground. She puts on a pair of shoes and the shoes inspire her to run around and have tons of fun.
The tagline for the commercial could be "Brand name- inspiring creativity."

Reading the description myself the commercial sounds pretty boring, but I think some quick montage editing and a remarkable visual difference between shoes off and on will help. At least I finally wrote it down- hopefully I come back to it tomorrow or the next day and the idea gets a lot clearer and better.

I don't have my second idea at the moment. As I said before, the easiest thing is to do is use one of Aniya's many toys, books, and clothing and make commercials around them. There is always a need for directors for children's products, right?