Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Actors are Cast

I called and cast my actors today. Stephen Federbusch will play Gabru and Walter Hoffman is the bartender. They are both great actors and I am very happy they are available for the shoot. The only wrinkle is my only rehearsal will be on Saturday, the day before the shoot. I originally wanted to rehearse Wednesday evening, but Walter is unable to make it. I wanted to work with Stephen on Wednesday and work out the dance/ celebration after Gabru takes a sip of the "Happy Sauce" from the baby bottle. In my opinion, much of the movie hinges upon the contrast between frantic, stressed out Gabru and the exuberant man that leaves the bar. I guess I like the idea that a small drop/ squirt of something new, a small glimmer of hope, is all that is needed to change your feelings.

I have the rehearsal space booked on Saturday from 1pm-4pm. I got Studio A again. It is the largest studio at the theatre company I am using. I really don't need extra space, but I also don't like to feel confined to one area. I can be weird like that, more often that not. The plan is to work with Stephen from 1-2pm and then maybe give Stephen a break, chat and work with Walt for half an hour, and then work it out with both actors from 2:30-4pm.

And then it's time to shoot. The call time on Sunday will be 8am and the so-called martini shot is at 3pm. No questions asked.