Sunday, March 4, 2007

Casting and Film Update

The casting session went very well, and only one actor was a no-show. I am also 95% sure I know which actors I would like to use. The funny thing is that I thought both actors could work out just looking at their headshots and resumes.

After walking through the bar with Petr (the DP), and hearing and watching actors bring my words to life, I realize that the script needs a few minor tweaks. Most important, I need to address why a man stumbles into a bar to get his baby bottles sanitized. A simple solution is his family is on vacation and he forgot to get the bottles sanitized before leaving the hotel. Another possibility is that the family lost their diaper bag on the subway, in a bus, or in a cab, and the man runs into the bar because he is starting from scratch. I think making this adjustment will give the man more motivation on the phone.. at least now he has something to talk about where before he was just babbling to his wife.

I am sure the script will change again after rehearsal later this week. I will post the updated version at the end of the night.