Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy Sauce: Thoughts about the Edit

Overall, I am very happy with how Happy Sauce has progressed. For those who have seen the film, the reaction seems to be very positive. Everyone has raved about the lighting, acting, and cinematography, but I still think I can make the film better.

I feel that the beginning and ending work very well right now, but the middle part where the bartender is looking at the man talking on the phone is a little forced. What might not be working are the transitions... from the bartender taking the bottles to the bartender returning them. All I know is that the middle section feels a little forced while the beginning and end feel pretty good to me.

The solution lies in the baby bottles. The man has made such a big fuss about them it is probably best to see them being washed somehow. At the moment, I do not have an answer, but I did shoot enough to edit something together. My goal is to complete the final edit and hopefully mix before the baby arrives.