Sunday, March 4, 2007

Happy Sauce Script V2

This is the update to the script. It is still evolving, but seems headed in the right direction.

HAPPY SAUCE
By
Rohan Sen

INT. BAR - DAY

A pint glass full of ice enters the frame. A bottle of Maker’s Mark flows generously into the glass. Coke, lime juice, and a dash of cranberry are added. A hand reaches out to mix the contents.

SOUND FX: COLLISION AT DOOR.

A baby bottle slides into the frame.

CUT TO:

INSERT TITLE: HAPPY SAUCE

INT. BAR - DAY

FIVE BABY BOTTLES scatter across the bar counter. A man’s hand frantically stacks the bottles in a line on the counter.

GABRU
Please, you got to help me.. I need you to run these through the dishwasher...

The bartender reaches out and grabs a bottle.

BARTENDER
Sure, buddy, whatever. What are you drinking?

The cell phone rings before GABRU can respond. The bartender grabs the baby bottles and walks away.

GABRU
Hey.. I’m here.. oh no, I forgot those.. I’m sorry, I know I know, looks like I have it under control.... what?, wait hold on.. Hello.. Oh hay, yeah I think we are going to be ok... sure thing, I know, I just did that..

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - CONTINUOUS

The bartender looks at GABRU as he puts the last baby bottle in the speed washer. Gabru paces back and forth, overwhelmed. The bartender gazes at GABRU, as if emembering an earlier time in his life.

SOUND FX: The short but sharp ring from the dishwasher pierces the air.

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - MOMENTS LATER

GABRU still talks on the phone as the bartender stacks the baby bottles in front of him.

GABRU
Wait, that’s only four.... excuse me.. hey let me go, excuse me...

Gabru’s eyes grow wide, but the bartender interrupts Gabru swiftly.

BARTENDER
It’s okay, brother. I got your bottle right here.

The bartender looks down at a baby bottle that he is drying in a towel. He looks at Gabru.

BARTENDER (CONT'D)
This one is for you.

The bartender reaches out and holds it for Gabru to take. Gabru hesitates and reaches for the bottle filled with a brownish liquid. He looks at it, sniffs the top, and squirts a few drops into his mouth. He immediately stands up straight, energized and exuberant.

GABRU
Tutti Frutti! Root, toot, toot.

Gabru dances, glowing with joy. He picks up a rattle and shakes it vigorously.

GABRU (CONT'D)
Wow.. what was that?

BARTENDER
Oh, I just like to call it my happy sauce.

GABRU
You’re happy sauce, huh?... Well here’s to it. To Happy Sauce. Happy Happy Happy Sauce...

Gabru continues to dance sucking ferociously on the baby bottle. He picks up his bags and dances out of the bar.

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - CONTINUOUS

The bartender smiles as he watches Gabru leave the bar. He thinks for a moment before bending under the bar. He emerges holding a baby bottle filled with brown liquid. He puts it in his mouth and sucks away.

FADE TO BLACK.