Wednesday, March 7, 2007

SAG requirements for HAPPY SAUCE

The hardest thing for me as a filmmaker is the paperwork. My actor Stephen is a SAG member and he was concerned about union rules so I want to do the right thing and do the little things the union asks of you. As a director of a short film with no budget, I am entitled to use SAG members as long as I fill out and file some paperwork. Cast sheets, budgets, scripts, reports on meals and overtime, nominal compensation, and a post production report is all that is required by SAG (as far as I can understand) to use a union member. I am also supposed to send them all the information at least fifteen days before my shoot. The only problem is that my shoot is Sunday, less than 5 days away.

One choice is to embellish upon the shoot date and make it "appear" that my application is on time. There might be a lot of takers for this approach, but it isn't my style. Besides, I would have to purge all traces of my blog to hide the shoot date, and that will never happen. I enjoy the blog process too much. I will be honest and see what happens. I have to call the business representative assigned to review my film tomorrow and hope that my short film project can still be approved in time. I am available to meet Thursday before work if needed so I am hoping for the best.