Sunday, March 11, 2007

Happy Sauce Shooting Script

This is the last revision of the script. A few minor things have changed that are not reflected.

HAPPY SAUCE
By
Rohan Sen

INT. BAR - DAY

A pint glass full of ice enters the frame. A bottle of Maker’s Mark flows generously into the glass. Coke, lime juice, and a dash of cranberry are added. A hand reaches out to mix the contents.

SOUND FX: COLLISION AT DOOR.

A baby bottle slides into the frame.

CUT TO:

INSERT TITLE: HAPPY SAUCE

INT. BAR - DAY

FIVE BABY BOTTLES scatter across the bar counter. A man’s hand frantically stacks the bottles in a line on the counter.

GABRU
Please, you got to help me.. I know this sounds crazy but I need you to run these through the dishwasher...

BARTENDER
Sure, buddy, whatever.

The bartender reaches out and grabs a bottle.

BARTENDER (CONT'D)
What are you drinking?

Gabu’s cell phone rings before he can respond. The bartender grabs the baby bottles and walks away.

GABRU
Hey.. I am sorry.. I know I know I am handling it though.... I’m in a cafe.. Yeah they do.. I was surprised myself.. I’m really sorry, why don’t you try and walk her around....

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - CONTINUOUS

The bartender looks at GABRU as he puts the last baby bottle in the speed washer. Gabru continues his fruitless conversation with his wife. The bartender gazes at GABRU, as if remembering an earlier time in his life.

SOUND FX: The short but sharp ring from the dishwasher pierces the air.

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - MOMENTS LATER

GABRU still talks on the phone as the bartender stacks the baby bottles in front of GABRU.

GABRU
Wait, that’s only four.... excuse me.. hey let me go, excuse me...

Gabru’s eyes grow wide, but the bartender interrupts Gabru swiftly.

BARTENDER
It’s okay, brother. I got your bottle right here.

The bartender reaches down and holds up the last baby bottle.

BARTENDER (CONT'D)
This one is for you.

The bartender reaches out and holds it for Gabru to take. Gabru hesitates and reaches for the bottle which is now filled with an exotic liquid. He looks at it, sniffs the top, and sucks on it for a moment. He immediately stands up straight, energized and exuberant.

GABRU
Tutti Frutti! Root, toot, toot.

Gabru dances, glowing with joy. He sucks vigorously on the baby bottle.

GABRU (CONT'D)

Wow.. what was that?

BARTENDER
Oh, I just like to call it my happy sauce.

GABRU
You’re happy sauce, huh?... Well here’s to it. To Happy Sauce. Happy Happy Happy Sauce...

Gabru puts the rest of the baby bottles into his diaper bag and continues to dance sucking ferociously on the baby bottle as he walks out of the bar.

CUT TO:

INT. BAR - CONTINUOUS

The bartender smiles as he watches Gabru leave the bar. He thinks for a moment before bending under the bar. The bartender emerges holding a baby bottle that he carefully unscrews.

SLOW PUSH INTO BABY BOTTLE

The bartender pours a drink into the baby bottle. He puts it in his mouth and sucks away.

FADE TO BLACK.