Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Sauce Wrapped!!

I was tired when I woke up this morning at 6 am. I really wished I had that extra hour of sleep lost to Daylight Savings Time, but I found a parking spot at 7:30 am in front of the bar. I was able to relax for just a few moments before Ed, the EP and creator of the Blue Owl Flicks series sauntered up with a coffee in one hand and a grip bag in the other.

The shoot was fantastic.. it was a great day. I haven't directed a narrative short for some time, so feeling that on set magic again was really good. Everyone was really helpful and my DP Petr was a true professional. He was super fast, lit the bar well and was always ready to shoot another take. Both Stephen and Walt gave top notch performances, so theoretically I should have all the material to make a decent flick.

The final shot had to be taken by 3 pm, but we were way ahead of schedule and wrapped a half hour before at 2:30. A few of us went to the bar for the obligatory drink, and when I returned home, I took a shower and crashed out on the couch for a couple of hours. The tapes are sitting in a box on my desk in front of me, but I can't watch them back yet. I need at least a one night break from the project. As per the guidelines for the film series, my completed cut is due in two weeks on March 25th. i really should be loading the footage right now.