Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy Sauce Post Update

I have loaded all the footage but the only thing I have edited is the opening shot, and there is not a whole lot of editing involved. My initial idea of the bartender preparing the drink and then a baby bottle sliding into frame does not work. It feels like the baby bottle gives the story away too soon. Instead, I am cutting to the title "Happy Sauce" as the bartender finishes making the drink. This is the "Happy Sauce" and we are now going to see what happens with it.

I guess I am still thinking how to edit the footage together. It looks fantastic, but with the quick turnaround, I would rather distance myself as much as possible from my initial concept to remain objective through the edit. I will have to edit quickly.. make a lot of decisions, decide if the film is working, and then tweak accordingly. I will still have a cut by Sunday or Monday, as mandated by the Blue Owl Flicks Rules, but I guarantee that it will not be my final edit. Maybe I will be wrong.