Friday, March 9, 2007

Busy day



It was a hectic day, but I got everything done except meet Ed to talk about his script. I really wished I could have fit that in, but it's faster to walk than drive in Manhattan. Here is a breakdown:

My dog, Gabru, was as happy as can be this morning. Allison woke me up when she went to the bathroom at 6 am, so after laying semi-awake as long as I could, I was in the park by 7:15. There was still an inch or two of snow in the park, and snow, ball, and park are Gabru's three favorite words. He was very silly, and only wanted to play by himself with his ball- he loves to dig and drag the ball through the snow with his front paws and then chase it when it rolls away. I returned home at about 8:15.

While I was in the park, Allison managed to catch some more beauty sleep. She was still sleeping when I walked in the door, but it worked out in the end. She decided to take the subway to her appointment and I drove into the city. I was able to take advantage of street cleaning and found a nice spot past 10th Ave on the same street I was picking up the equipment. It was 10:20ish.

The meeting at SAG went great. My business rep was really helpful and I am now legally able to use Stephen as my actor. I am really happy to be somewhat legitimate.

It was just before noon, but as I was walking towards the subway to go downtown I kind of realized there was no way I was going to rent the equipment between 6/7th Ave, walk past 10th Ave to get the car to then pick up the crap, and then drop the car and the equipment in Brooklyn and be back in the city to meet with Ed at 2:30 or 3. I know I could have just parked the car in the city, but film equipment is expensive. I did not have the most costly rentals, but I would still rather be safe than sorry.

I finally returned home around 2:45. My paying gig started at 5 pm, so I used the hour to catch up on some other important things - paperwork and email. Work was work, but it did pass quickly. The office ordered Indian food so that was a very nice surprise. I finally left some time after midnight when simple things began taking a really long time.